I get questions all the time about recipes for the low FODMAP diet. I’ll share a few with yall that I cook for myself, this one is simple to make.
Low FODMAP Slow Cooker Stew
Food Items Needed For Recipe:
- Two Pounds Grass Fed Stew Beef
- Organic Small Red Potatoes
- Organic Baby Carrots
- Organic Green Beans
- Two Organic Red Peppers
- One BPA Free Can Organic Tomatoes
- Organic Green Onions (No white parts, only use the green)
- Two Tsp. Dry Organic Oregano
- Two Tsp. Dry Organic Rosemary
- Two Organic Bay Leaves
- Two TBSP. Organic Tamari
- Real Salt and Organic Black Pepper
Kitchen Tools Needed For Recipe:
- Slow Cooker
- Cutting Board
- Start by browning the stew beef in a skillet and add organic black pepper and Real Salt to the meat as it cooks. Once the meat is brown, let it rest on paper towels to help soak up the grease.
- Wash the vegetables, wash and scrub the potatoes, chop up the green onions and peppers, and place all of them at the bottom of the slow cooker. Then place the meat on top of the vegetables and add the herbs, bay leaves, and tamari to the slow cooker. Poor filtered water on top of the meat and vegetables until both are covered. Cover the slow cooker with the lid and set your heat.
- The use of either low or high heat depends on when your stew needs to be ready. The stew will be ready in three to four hours on high heat and five to six hours on low heat. If the water in the slow cooker is boiling, your food will be ready or close to being ready.
- When the stew is done take some of the carrots, tomatoes, and potatoes out of the stew with some of the broth, and place it into a blender. Add another Tbsp of tamari to the blender and blend to make a “gravy” you can pour over the stew on your plate for extra flavor.
- Serve with salt and pepper and enjoy! Word of caution, remove the bay leaves before serving, you can blend them and eat them if you so choose, but they are sharp and can cause stomach issues if ingested whole.