Submit questions here or in the comment section below for our next Q&A. Thank you to everyone who submitted questions. Subscribe to our youtube page and give us a like to help support FYG. Thank you!
Jason Hooper and John Brisson answer your questions about health, supplements, and nutrition. On this Hangout the questions include:
- IR light therapy – Is it safe to use IR LED lights on the gut? I know Dave has mentioned this in the past, and I personally benefit from LLLT on the gut occasionally. Still, I’m hesitant to do this more than 1-2x/wk.
- Could you guys discuss megadosing vitamin C? How many grams would be considered a megadose, and would it be worth it for an overall healthy individual to do this every once and a while? If so, what is the most optimal time to do this?
- How do you feel about grass-fed, aged cheeses? Think a really good, pastured cheddar. Healthful or insidious?
- Can you recommend a protocol to maintain or increase gut bacteria diversity?
- Thanks for touching on vitamins, minerals, supplements, etc. I guess my follow-up question is, how do you feel about the bulletproof supplement recommendations? Specifically, do you agree/disagree with the order/ranking, amounts, timing, etc.? I have based my supplement intake off of this for a couple of years now, with some minor adjustments. To get even more specific, should I take more or less vitamin C?
- Do you know of any effects that taking psychedelics, especially psilocybin mushrooms, have on the gut? short term, long term, positive, negative? possible hormetic adaptations? possible degradation? or, even cannabis? thc and/or cbd?
- Is bone marrow broth as good for the gut as it’s trumped up to be? If you do recommend drinking broth, how many cups per day do you recommend drinking? For the past few days, I have been chugging two medium-sized mason jars of broth daily.